Our firm regularly supports clients in dispute avoidance and management on a wide range of commercial contracts. We advise clients in connection with arbitration, litigation and other dispute resolution procedures.
Our lawyers have extensive experience advising on shareholders’ agreements, distribution agreements, share purchase and sale agreements, and licensing and franchise agreements. We have acted on significant company and commercial disputes in Asia Pacific and globally.
Our notable matters include:
- Acting for a Thai entertainment company against a US entertainment company in connection with breach of the terms of a licensing agreement, valued in excess of US$ 10 million.
- Acting for a Thai agro-industrial company against private equity firm in connection with a share purchase agreement dispute, valued in excess of THB 91 million.
- Acting for the subsidiary of a Thai conglomerate listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand against its joint venture partner in connection with disputes arising out of a joint venture contract, valued in excess of S$ 4.2 million.
- Acting for a Taiwanese manufacturer of scooters and quadbikes against a French importer and distributor in connection with the termination of the commercial relationship, valued in excess of € 12 million.
- Representing a PRC owned investment holding company obtain a summary judgment award against an individual for breach of the terms of a share purchase agreement.
In acting on behalf of our clients, we recognise the commercial interest of our clients to preserve business relationships throughout the dispute avoidance, management and resolution process. We work with our clients to develop a suitable case strategy that is aligned with the business needs of our clients in order to achieve the optimum outcome for them.