As a boutique law firm, we are not bound to work with colleagues working offices in other parts of the world or with best friend relationship law firms. As such, we are free to work with the very best law firms in jurisdictions around the world where our clients need assistance and representation.
This means that we regularly instruct, and are instructed, by overseas law firms to represent clients as co-counsel in arbitrations seated in the global arbitration centers and in litigation proceedings before the Singapore and other local Courts. In executing those instructions, we work closely with lawyers with other firms at all stages of the arbitration or litigation, from developing the strategy at the start of the matter to conducting the advocacy at the hearing and enforcing the award.
All of our Advocates & Solicitors are fluent in the institutional rules of major arbitral institutions. As a team, we are qualified to advise on the laws, and admitted to appear in the Courts, of Singapore, Western Australia, New York, the Republic of Ireland and England and Wales.
Our representative matters include:
- Acting as co-counsel with a leading Taiwanese law firm representing a Taiwanese manufacturer of scooters and quadbikes in SIAC arbitration proceedings against a French importer and distributor following the termination of the commercial relationship.
- Acting as co-counsel with a leading Thai law firm representing a Thailand-based company engaged in agro-industrial business and production of food in expedited SIAC arbitration proceedings arising out of a share purchase agreement dispute.
- Acting as co-counsel with a leading Thai law firm representing a Thailand-based company engaged in the business of entertainment in a JAMS arbitration against a claim by a US-based company for breach of the terms of a licensing agreement.
- Acting as co-counsel with a leading Malaysian law firm representing a national independent power producer in ad hoc arbitration proceedings against insurers for property damage and business interruption losses arising from turbine failure of a coal-fired power plant.
- Acting as co-counsel with a leading Philippines law firm representing insurers in SIAC arbitration proceedings against an Australian construction company in respect of a property damage claim arising out of damage to a highway in the Philippines.
- Acting as co-counsel with a leading Indonesian law firm representing a listed mining company in SIAC arbitration proceedings against insurers in respect of a property damage and business interruption claim arising out of damage to coal handling facility in Indonesia.
We recognize and respect the relationship between law firms and their clients. If we are instructed by another law firm to assist and counsel their clients then we take instructions from that law firm. At the conclusion of the matter, we return the client and do not solicit direct instructions.