Our firm frequently advises and acts on behalf of owners, contractors and insurers of some of the world’s largest and most complex construction and infrastructure disputes. We counsel clients in connection with adjudication, arbitration, litigation and other dispute resolution procedures.
In the construction sector, our lawyers act on behalf of owners and contractors, as well as architects, engineers, quantity surveyors and other professional consultants in connection with many of the world’s most significant building and construction projects.
In the infrastructure sector, our lawyers act on behalf of owners, developers and contractors engaged in some of the largest infrastructure projects across the mining, power generation and transport sectors in North Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
We recognise the importance of bringing a multi-disciplined team to resolve construction and infrastructure disputes. We assemble teams of independent professionals with decades of experience and knowledge to assist our clients in advancing their case or identifying a commercial solution.
Our notable matters include:
- Acting in the defence of government-linked and international joint venture companies against a global oil company following land reclamation works in Singapore.
- Acting in the defence of a professional architect and its insurers against the private owner of a mixed-use development and its contractor following completion in Singapore.
- Acting on behalf of an international construction company against its insurers and the foundation engineering following the failure of a high-rise office building in Singapore.
- Acting on behalf of a Japanese engineering company against its subcontractor in relation to engineering claims arising out of a polysilicon plant in Malaysia.
- Acting on behalf of an international joint venture construction and engineering company against its insurers following the rejection of foundation works on a mega-project in Malaysia.
- Acting on behalf of a Mongolian developer against its main contractor in relation to design and construction claims arising out of a power plant in Mongolia.
- Acting in the defence of an Italian joint venture company against its subcontractor following delay and disruption claims arising out of a stadium project in Qatar.
- Acting in defence of a French joint venture company against its subcontractor following breach of contract and variation claims arising out of a metro project in Qatar.
Our lawyers also sit as neutral arbitrators, adjudicators and mediators in complex infrastructure and construction disputes. We have been appointed both by counsel representing the parties to the dispute as well as the institution charged with the appointment of arbitrators and mediators.