Our firm advises contractors, operators, oil companies and service providers in construction, operation, pricing and profit-sharing disputes arising in the oil and gas industry.
We have a good knowledge of the oil and gas industry. We have advised clients on a range of oil and gas disputes in Asia, the Middle East, Europe and North America.
We have acted for contractors of major plants and offshore infrastructure over delays to the completion and commissioning of the project. We have acted for operators of refineries and petrochemical plants over the operation of these facilities. We have acted for sellers and purchasers over the pricing of long-term gas supply arrangements. We have acted for oil majors and oil exploration companies over the splitting of profits arising from oil and gas fields.
Our notable matters include:
- Acting on behalf of an Indonesian oil and gas operator against its joint operator over claims arising from an oil and gas development block pursuant to the joint operating agreement.
- Acting on behalf of a Thai oil and gas exploration company against its transport service provider over alleged breaches pursuant to the service agreement.
- Acting on behalf of a Saudi petrochemical company against another Saudi petrochemical company over the interpretation of the gas pricing clause pursuant to the gas supply agreement.
- Acting on behalf of an international oil and gas company against its contractor over the construction, design and commissioning of a semi-submersible drilling rig pursuant to the construction contract.
- Acting in the defence of an oil major against a North American investment company over the payment of excess profits pursuant to profit-sharing agreement.
Our lawyers appreciate the importance of industry professionals and experts in the oil and gas industry. We work with consultants and experts to develop a strategy for our clients that optimises the outcome of the dispute resolution for them.