Our firm represents owners, developers, contractors and insurers of companies that are industry leaders in the mining of gold, coal, iron ore and other natural resources across the Asia Pacific region.
Our in-depth knowledge of all risks insurance policies allows us to assist our clients in resolving the most complex and high value insurance claims in the mining industry. Our lawyers frequently act for clients in the pursuit of indemnity amounts payable for property damage, machinery breakdown, business interruption and delay in start-up resulting in recoveries of up to US$ 30 million.
Our extensive counsel experience also enables us to assist our clients in complex contractual disputes concerning the construction and commissioning of head of mine machinery and equipment.
Our notable matters include:
- Acting for a Singapore listed coal mining company in connection with a property and business interruption insurance claim arising out of the collapse of stockyard and coal handling facility.
- Acting for a Philippines listed gold mining company in connection with a property damage and business interruption insurance claim arising out of the failure of head of mine equipment.
- Acting for a Canadian listed gold mining company in connection with claims against a listed engineering company arising out of the refurbishment of processing and refining equipment.
- Acting for an Indonesian listed coal mining company in connection with the recovery of amounts paid for plant and equipment to a United States manufacturer and supplier.
- Acting for a panel of international insurance companies in connection with property damage and business interruption claims arising out of the catastrophic failure of mines in Australia.
Our lawyers are widely recognised for their collaborative approach when working with clients and their teams of experts and consultants. We recognise the need to provide clear guidance as to the legal principles on which the experts and consultants should proceed in preparing their analysis and assist them in producing work product that advances the resolution of the dispute.