We regularly assist clients in ensuring their compliance with a wide range of Singapore and internationally applicable regulations and best practices.
We have a wealth of experience in the following areas:
- Anti-money laundering compliance.
- Anti-bribery compliance.
- Anti-fraud compliance.
- Data protection compliance (including under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act).
- Employment (including implementing best practices recommended by the Tripartite Standards in Singapore).
- Singapore work visa applications.
- Sanctions compliance.
In addition to general advice, we are able to offer clients comprehensive training programmes in all of the above areas (including face to face and e-learning solutions) that meet relevant standards.
We set out some recent credentials below:
- Advising a prominent insurance company on their obligations under the Singapore Employment Act in view of the significant changes to that legislation introduced in 2019.
- Advising the UK government and Towards Transparency (part of Transparency International) in a project to determine foreign investors’ experiences of high-risk business practices that may indicate bribery and corruption in Vietnam.
- Drafting and preparing an anti-bribery compliance programme for a multinational engineering company for their international operations.
- Advising a prominent international accountancy firm on their obligations to carry out “know your client” verification steps under Singapore law with respect to certain areas of their business.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in preparing content for an anti-money laundering e-learning programme (aimed at banks and financial institutions) for a major international e-learning provider.
- Advising a technology company on their obligations under the GDPR further to their development of a health and fitness orientated mobile phone application.
- Advising a major international technology company on compliance procedures to be undertaken to ensure their work pass applications complied with Singapore law.
- Advising a Japanese manufacturing company on their anti-bribery policies and procedures for their Southeast Asia businesses.
- Advising a major international investment bank in carrying out a bribery risk assessment and drafting FCPA and UK Bribery Act compliant policies and procedures for a JV real estate holding company in China.
- Advising an MNC property development company in carrying out a bribery risk assessment of its business and drafting FCPA and UK Bribery Act compliant anti-bribery policies and procedures.